Fundamental Coaching Skills for Managers
Effective communication is more critical than ever in today’s fast-paced business environment. Active listening, powerful questioning, and constructive feedback are key components of successful communication that can help your organization achieve its goals.
When people believe they are heard, appreciated, and asked for their ideas and solutions, are they doing their job well?
How many more examples do you need to discover that behind poor results is the manager’s bad behavior?
1st Workshop- Active Listening
Listening actively, you can better understand your colleagues’ perspectives and needs and build stronger relationships.
Active listening is crucial in a corporate environment for many reasons:
1. It promotes effective communication: Active listening allows a better understanding of the message. When employees feel that their ideas and opinions are being heard, they are more likely to communicate openly and honestly, leading to better decision-making.
2. It fosters collaboration: Active listening promotes an environment of trust and respect, which encourages collaboration and teamwork. Employees who feel that their ideas are valued are more likely to work together to achieve common goals.
3. It increases productivity: Employees who feel heard and valued are more engaged and motivated, increasing productivity. Active listening can also help to identify and address issues or concerns that may be hindering productivity.
4. It reduces misunderstandings: Misunderstandings can arise when unclear communication or misinterpreted messages. Active listening can help to clarify messages and reduce the likelihood of misunderstandings.
5. It enhances relationships: Active listening shows that you value the other person’s thoughts and opinions, which can help to build stronger relationships. This can lead to increased job satisfaction, loyalty, and retention.
2nd Workshop- Powerful Questioning
Powerful questioning can help to uncover new ideas and insights and facilitate problem-solving.
Powerful questioning is essential in a corporate environment for several reasons:
1. It encourages critical thinking: Powerful questions prompt employees to think deeply and critically about their work and the issues they face. This can lead to new insights, innovative solutions, and more effective decision-making.
2. It helps to identify underlying issues: Powerful questions can uncover underlying issues or root causes of problems. By asking the right questions, employees can get to the heart of the matter and address the underlying problems instead of treating symptoms.
3. It facilitates learning: Powerful questions can help employees reflect on and learn from their experiences. This can lead to personal and professional growth and organizational learning and development.
4. It promotes engagement and empowerment: Powerful questions can help employees to feel more engaged and empowered in their work. When asked for their ideas and opinions, they feel valued and respected, which can lead to increased motivation and job satisfaction.
5. It improves communication: Powerful questions can help clarify contact and ensure everyone is on the same page. They can also help to uncover assumptions or misunderstandings that may be hindering effective communication.
3rd Workshop- Constructive Feedback and Feedforward
Constructive feedback can help employees learn, grow, and increase engagement and productivity.
Effective feedback is essential in a corporate environment for several reasons:
1. It improves performance: Effective feedback provides employees with information on their performance, what they are doing well, and where to improve. This can lead to increased motivation and productivity, as employees are aware of their strengths and areas for development.
2. It promotes growth and development: Effective feedback helps employees to learn and grow by identifying areas where they can improve their skills and knowledge. This can help them to reach their full potential and advance in their careers.
3. It enhances communication: Effective feedback encourages open and honest communication between employees and their managers or peers. This can help build trust and respect and foster a culture of transparency and collaboration.
4. It increases engagement and job satisfaction: When employees receive regular feedback that is constructive and supportive, they are more engaged and satisfied in their work. This can lead to higher retention levels and a more positive workplace culture.
5. It aligns expectations: Effective feedback ensures that employees understand what is expected of them and how their performance will be evaluated. This can help avoid misunderstandings and ensure everyone works towards the same goals.
Feedforward is essential in a corporate environment because:
It focuses on future performance: Feedforward is a coaching technique that improves performance rather than dwelling on past mistakes. By focusing on what can be done differently in the future, employees are better equipped to enhance their skills and achieve their goals. Feedforward is a positive and forward-looking approach to feedback that encourages employees to learn and grow.
By embracing these communication skills, your organization can foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and success.
The managers’ ability to communicate effectively is critical to the success of their team and the organization. By mastering these communication skills, they can build a more engaged, productive, and successful team better equipped to meet the challenges of today’s fast-paced business environment.
This workshop is for managers, supervisors, new or seasoned leaders
Managers will learn to listen actively to their employees, ask powerful questions to uncover new insights and provide constructive feedback to help them grow and develop.
Don’t miss this opportunity to strengthen your leaders to take their teams to the next level!
Our experienced, certified, and credentialed coaches will guide them through hands-on activities and real-life scenarios to help them apply these skills in their everyday work.
Our workshops balance fundamental knowledge and practical application, with a 50/50 split between theory and hands-on practice.
This approach ensures that participants gain a deep understanding of the key concepts and principles and have the opportunity to put them into action and hone their skills through real-world scenarios and exercises.
With this comprehensive and immersive approach, participants can walk away from our workshops with the knowledge and practical experience they need to succeed in their roles.
- What facilitates active listening
- What impedes active listening
- How to become a better listener
- Awareness through questions
- Characteristics of effective questioning
- Basic types of questions
- Feedback and Feedforward
- The Performance Appraisal Interview
- Alignment and Engagement
Are you ready to transform your organization and emerge stronger in today’s ever-changing business landscape? Our exclusive workshop series is designed specifically for companies like yours that are ready to take action and turn challenges into opportunities. Through this series of engaging and interactive workshops, our expert coaches will guide your managers to develop the skills they need to thrive in today’s competitive marketplace. By increasing dedication and commitment among your managers, you’ll strengthen your position as a leading organization in your industry. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to propel your organization to success!
Each workshop lasts 4-5 hours
The number of people can be 10-15 and change according to your needs and expectations.
In your or other premises or online on Zoom
You can take one workshop, two, or all three.